Well, the time has finally come for us to sell our beloved Ruby. We’ve enjoyed her for 14 years & now it’s time for her to enrich someone else’s life… could it be you?
Viewing available in Stroud, Glos.
Rowan & I have been contemplating downsizing for a few years now but the idea of letting Ruby go has just been too painful. However, bodywork wise she’s looking a bit sad & will need some welding & a few other bits doing for her next MOT (due 19 October 2020) & I simply don’t have the funds to pay for it or the head space to deal with it so it feels like it’s time to let go.
Ideally you would:
- a) be looking to take on a project & fix up the bodywork yourself or
- b) have enough money to pay someone else to do it or know a friendly welder or
- c) have land to park her up & live in or
- d) use her for holiday rental in situ eg Airbnb so no MOT required.
Anyone who’s been to camp will recognise Ruby – the big burgundy & cream Merc with a dashboard full of mushrooms & pixies! She’s a Mercedes 609D, first registered in 1997 & was a welfare bus in a former life. I converted her 14 years ago & she’s fully equipped for life on the road (or field). Engine-wise Ruby is very reliable, starts first time every time even through the winter. These Mercedes are renowned for running ‘forever’ & are often used as minibuses for this reason. She has power steering so is nice & easy to drive.
– Lots of wood, quirky features & ingenious storage
– Double & single fixed beds with very comfy memory foam mattresses
– Handmade wooden table & 2 bench seats with lift-up lids for storage
– Table folds down & benches convert to a sofa
– Hunter Hawk 4KW woodburning stove
– Wardrobe with rail (for your rainbow gladrags!)
– Solid oak worktops
– 4-burner Smev hob & oven/grill (top-of-the-range)
– Dometic 3-way fridge – gas/12v/mains (fully serviced summer 2019)
– Good size enamel sink & draining board, with pumped water to tap*
– Morco D-61B water heater*
– Shower room with space for porta potti
– Smoke & carbon monoxide alarms, plus LPG gas detector
– Inbuilt lighting & speakers
– Sony FM/MW/LW/DAB radio with CD player( (a bit temperamental)/Aux in for mp3
– Big rooflight/airvent with insect screen
– Lots of baskets & drawers for storage
– Reclaimed wooden floor (from a school gym), pine walls & ceiling, fully insulated.
– Roof-mounted solar panel keeps leisure battery topped up
– Door-mounted Thule cycle rack (2 bikes) – new in 2019
– Large volume stainless steel freshwater tank*
– Water filler cap
– Mains electric hook-up socket
– Pull-out step on passenger side
– Full set of brand new tyres
In the ‘garage’
– 19 Kg propane gas bottle (for fridge & oven/hob) in secure locker
– 115Ah leisure battery (new july 2019)
– SHURflo water pump*
– Solar control panel
– Large bespoke damp-proof awning
– Mains hook-up lead
– Lots of storage space for tools, levelling blocks, firewood etc.
* These items are not currently in use as we prefer to use spring water/boil a kettle/have a wash/have extra storage space – but can easily be recommissioned.
If the work was done, Ruby would be worth about £10,000.
Allowing for expenditure estimated, I will be asking £7,000 ono.
I have all original receipts, manuals & paperwork from the conversion, as well as garage/MOT documents for the past 14 years.
We have had so many wonderful & glorious adventures with Ruby & would love for her to have many more with the right companion. Is she calling you??
Please get in touch with any questions & I can send more pictures on request.
Much love & rainbow blessings to all, Emily Xx
Owing to communication difficulties Please send all enquiries via our Contact Page or phone Ralph on 01527 454611 and messages will be passed on to Emily